Bistro Garden Presents | Cold Cucumber Soup
Serves 4 - 6
The Bistro Garden is an upscale restaurant serving continental fare in a harden-like setting with high ceilings & skylights.
The Bistro Garden
12950 Ventura Boulevard
Studio City, CA 91604
4 cucumbers (peeled and chopped)
2 stalks of celery (chopped)
¼ white onion (chopped)
1 leek (chopped)
1 large potato (peeled and chopped)
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
¼ cup heavy cream (optional)
Fresh chopped dill (for garnish)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sautee cucumber, celery, onion and leek in butter or olive oil to soften (about 3-4 min)
2. Add chicken or vegetable stock and chopped potato.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Once potato has softened a bit, add heavy cream if you wish.
5. Puree mixture in a blender or food processor (if too thick add more stock until desired consistency).
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Refrigerate until cool.
8. Garnish with fresh chopped dill and enjoy!